MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT PLAN D
Medigap Plan D is one of the 10 Medicare Supplement plans and it helps to cover for holes that Original Medicare left behind. It has a few benefits added to core policy benefits that are offered in every Supplement plan.
PLAN D COVERAGE
Medigap Plan D offer coverage for:
- Part A hospital coinsurance and hospital costs for an additional 365 days after Original Medicare benefits are used
- Part A hospice care coinsurance and copayments
- Part B coinsurance and copayments
- First 3 pints of blood every year
- Skilled nursing facility care coinsurance
- Part A deductible
- 80% of travel emergencies while outside U.S.
Plan D does not provide coverage for Part B deductible and Part B excess charges. Excess charges are considered as doctor`s charges that can legally extend beyond the Medicare-approved amount for service payment. But, it is very rare situation because most of the doctors in U.S. Accept Medicare Assignment.
MEDIGAP PLAN D COSTS
You are responsible to cover for Medicare Part B deductible which is 223$ in 2022. After your deductible is met, you are 100% covered for other costs. Of course, you must pay for a monthly premium that may cost you between 120$ – 200$ each month. In general, Medigap plan premiums are higher in states who have a higher cost of living.